Public Building Commission Various Projects
EDI continues to provide a variety of survey services as a prime consultant to the Public Building Commission of Chicago (PBC). The PBC has long served city agencies such as Chicago Public Schools and the Chicago Police Department by designing and building new facilities, creating additions and annexes, and making renovations to existing buildings.
- Dunning Branch Library: EDI performed boundary, topographic and an ALTA survey for the property of the new Dunning Branch Library. This new 8,800 SF, one-story full service branch library replaces the existing library.
- McCutcheon Elementary School: EDI provided complete boundary, topographic and utility surveying services for a new addition at McCutcheon Elementary School. EDI provided Plats of Survey with full topographic information for engineering and design purposes.
- Southwest Area High School: EDI performed boundary, topographic and an ALTA survey for the property of the new South West Area High. This project will implement the new CPS Urban Model High School (UMHS) prototypical design made with a steel frame and masonry construction to serve 1,200 students in 200,000 SF, with 3-floors plus lower level.
- New 23rd District Chicago Police Station Parking Garage: EDI performed an interior survey of the parking garage adjacent to the new 23rd District Police Station located at the northeast corner of Addison Avenue and Fremont Street.
- Air Force Academy High School: EDI performed boundary, topographic and ALTA survey for the redevelopment of Abbott Elementary School to the Air Force Academy High School at 37th & Wells Streets, just south of and adjacent to US Cellular Field.